re: Cutting Brass

To: "Gorman, George" <ggorman@dsava.com>
Subject: re: Cutting Brass
From: Bob Douglas <b-douglas@ti.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 12:45:13 -0500
>  From: "Gorman, George" <ggorman@dsava.com>, on 9/11/97 2:24 PM:
>  Something out of the ordinary for this group.  I'm putting in a foot rail
>  for a new bar using 2 in. diam. brass tubing.  Gotta cut it to make it fit.
>  I guess I could use a hacksaw, but there must be a cleaner, easier way to
get >  a good cut.  Any suggestions???

How about a pipe cutter?  Relatively inexpensive, readily available at the
local hardware store, and all but the smallest ought to handle two inch tube.
The cheaper ones are generally intended for copper; so they may have a tougher
time with brass. I'd ask, you may have to borrow/buy one that can handle steel
pipe.

Regards,  Bob Douglas