Re: shop storage: wire

To: Matt Liggett <mliggett@pobox.com>, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: shop storage: wire
From: Michael Leach <mrleach@Fair.Net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 05:02:50 -0400
I have an old tackle box that I use for most all of my electrical stuff.  I
put electrical tape, cutters, crimpers, wire nuts, extra outlets, ect. . .
you get the picture.  It works great when our working on a project.  I just
grab the box and go.  All most everything I will need for the auto or house
can be found in one neat place.  It also helps you keep inventory on those
important things like wire nuts and so.  If you look around at flea markets
or garage sales your sure to find one to fit your needs.  Look for one with
a big storage area on top and some drawers that pull out from the side with
litte seperate compartments.  Shoe boxes also do the job but usually
require replacement every so often.  Try wal-mart, K-mart, or somewhere
like that and look around at some of the plastic boxes in the kitchen
department.  While your there check out the fishing department you can
usually find a good tackle box for $20~.  As for the little wires 1ft~ I
use garbage bag twisty ties to coil them. It helps keep them seperate.  You
can also make a peg post to hold them on the bench. Take an old broom
handle or piece of dowl and glue it into a piece of wood like a 2x4x6".
Then drop the coils over the post. You can then move them around or nail it
to the wall.

Hope this helps.

Michael Leach