Re: are batteries all the same?

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: are batteries all the same?
From: Michael Sloane <msloane@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 1997 17:43:10 -0400
At 08:09 PM 7/6/97 +0000, GWD wrote:
>I need to buy a new 12v battery and wonder if the Champion batteries
>sold at Sam's are just as good as other batteries? An Interstate or
>Sears Die Hard cost a lot more and I wonder if they are worth the extra?
I am afraid that is one of those questions for which there is no correct
answer, but I will tell you that when Consumers Union did some tests, they
rated the Sears Die Hard and Interstate (with the same rating) the highest.
For my little 4-cyl tractors, almost anything does a good job, but my Dodge
318 V8 needs a pretty hefty battery in the dead of winter. So I buy NoName
specials for the tractors and Die Hard or Interstate for the truck.

Mike