Re: Solvents for parts washer

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Solvents for parts washer
From: johnm@ims.com (John Miller)
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 18:07:07 -0700

Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 18:18:36 -0400
From: John Nicol <Nicol@ix.netcom.com>
To: shop-talk@autox.team.net

B A Lyn Fatt wrote:

> Thanks to all who responded to my question on Permatex Extend Paint.
>
> Now I have another question...
> Looking for a solvent to use with the  parts washer. I've been using
> Simple green, but it can't really do much with the really thick
> grease.
>
> Is there a solvent that will cut grease well and is also kind to the
> paint
> in the parts washer?
>
> Brian
> battmain@juno.com

I use got a used parts washer from a friend free, so to
compromise for that great deal I paid $50 at NAPA for
5 gallons of a Gray-Mills solvent designed for washers.

Works Great!  Hands don't dry out. Cuts greese well.
Haven't seen it eat any paint.  Has a high flash point
and so is relatively safe.  Doesn't smell much either.

Only down side is the price.

John Miller