Re: Emergency kit

To: james.a.babcock@adn.alcatel.com
Subject: Re: Emergency kit
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 23:35:08 EDT
On Fri, 13 Jun 1997 09:38:47 -0400 (EDT) james.a.babcock@adn.alcatel.com
(James Babcock) writes:
>I've thought about this too.  Some additional things that I've thought
>of:
>
>1.  a pair of cheap cottom gloves.  You might not need the Gojo!
>2.  An old sweatshirt.  Provides warmth and protection if you have to
>    slide under the car.

My variation on these points would be:

1.  A couple of pairs of disposable latex gloves.  I buy those big 100
ct. boxes (about $10) and use them in the garage all the time (grease
under the fingernails doesn't go with my pinstripe suits at work).  I
throw a couple of pairs into my portable toolbox that travels with the
MGA.
2.  Disposable painters' overalls.  These are available at Home Depot for
about $5.  They are designed to be used by house painters and are in that
section.  They are made of a strong paper, probably only usable once and
not exceptionally durable when sliding around on asphalt under a car.
However, they will cover you completely and prevent you from ruining nice
clothes or getting too dirty when you are on your way to something
important, like a job interview.  They are cheap, and, best of all, fold
up real small and flat so they don't take up much space.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX