Re: Emergency kit

To: s-beckman@ti.com
Subject: Re: Emergency kit
From: james.a.babcock@adn.alcatel.com (James Babcock)
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 09:38:47 -0400 (EDT)
I've thought about this too.  Some additional things that I've thought of:

1.  a pair of cheap cottom gloves.  You might not need the Gojo!
2.  An old sweatshirt.  Provides warmth and protection if you have to
    slide under the car.
3.  Flashlight.  I'd stay away from a lamp that requires the vehicle
    battery.  It might be dead.  If you have a cell phone, you should
    get one that has a reserve battery pack that charges from the vehicle.
4.  Some cable ties.

When travelling in winter:

1.  A medium sized tin can and some emergency candles.  You can use the
    candles for limited warmth as well as to melt snow for drinking.
2.  Aerosol de-icer.  This stuff is great for ice-covered windscreen wipers.
3.  WD-40 for frozen locks.
4.  Snow melt.  Be careful with this stuff...it will rust out the trunk
    if it spills!

That's all I can think of at the moment.

-Jim.
'80 TR7 dhc

--
James A. Babcock, Software Engineer   email: james.a.babcock@adn.alcatel.com