Re: Garage Building...

To: tboicey@brit.ca, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Garage Building...
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 23:19:27 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-06-06 06:48:46 EDT,Trevor sez:

>Malaboge@aol.com wrote:
>> book is called "How to design and build your auto workshop" (how apropos),
>by
>> David H Jacobs.
>
>  If this is the book I think it is, Classic Motorbooks has it
>in their catalog. They are a good place to deal with as well.
>
>  The one I am thinking of has a nice workshop on the cover
>with the nose of a mini just poking into the picture as
>"the car to be worked on"...
>
>Trevor-

Yep, that's the book..
You know its a serious shot of a serious mechanic and a serious garage. You
can tell by the fact that the guy is sittin on a "tool caddy" style creeper,
backwards, in his designer jeans, and there isn't a grease spot on his
clothes or his hands, or the mini. or the floor anywhere. My garage should
look that good just once in its life, heck I should look that good.
Seriously, the book really does have some good info in it, and some of the
featured garages have inspired me. (Well actually what they have done is
inspire me to buy more lottery tickets as that is about the only way I'm ever
gonna own a garage like any of these beauties...)
I heartily recommend this book.

A large case-o-garage envy...
     Nick in Nor Cal