Re: Vinyl dyes and paints

To: Bob Douglas <b-douglas@ti.com>
Subject: Re: Vinyl dyes and paints
From: Bob Brooks <rbrooks@micrelinc.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 1997 21:07:17 -0700
I had a buddy that wrecked a new Chrysler in about 1984, and
the dealer was unable to get the correct color dash pad for his car.
The dealers body shop used one of the vinyl interior paints to
change the available white dashpad to the required black one.

The black lasted about 6 months before it startd to wear away. After
about 3 sessions of touchup. Chrysler replaced the dashpad with one of
the correct color.

I have heard of similar problems from other users.

I am not sure what the product was, but is was done thrru the body
shop with Chryslers blessing. I understand from another friend that
his shop does not do this anymore.

I would talk to an upholstry shop and see what the recommend.

Just my 2 cents
Bob
rbrooks@micrelinc.com