Re: Whitworth wrenches wanted -Reply

To: docsuske@juno.com, flalexander@smtpgate.read.tasc.com
Subject: Re: Whitworth wrenches wanted -Reply
From: Phildb4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 23:04:07 -0400 (EDT)
I've never tried Metwrench but from my experience, any tool that is a multi
use/ one size fits all usually doesn't fit any size well.  There is always a
comprimise.  Two sources for Whitworth wrenches are Snap On  (in their
catalog) and a company called Metric Multistandard in Elmsford, NY.  They
also carry Whitworth fasteners.  When I go to their counter for my monthly
 "fix" of Whitworth nuts and bolts, they usually tell me its too expensive to
look up the prices and make out a bill for the small quantities I need--so
it's usually a freeby  (as they are used to dealing in very large
quantities).  Moss Motors in Calif also stock a limited assortment of
Whitworth wrenches.