Re: Torch or MIG

To: ps4330@okc01.jccbi.gov (Peter Schauss x 2014), dshook@usc.edu
Subject: Re: Torch or MIG
From: jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 17:09:54 -0400
At 08:55 AM 4/21/97 -0400, Peter Schauss x 2014 wrote:

>One further suggestion - buy a second gas tank and .  There is
>nothing worse than running out of MIG welding gas at 12:10 Saturday
>afternoon when the local welding shop closes at noon.

Peter,  I sure second that.  You're lucky if the shops in your area
are open on Sat. at all.  I haven't been able to find 1 around here
open on Sat.

Going back to the initial Subj: Tourch or Mig.  I'd went with the
MIG first.  Although my dad has oxi-acet. tourch and a big Arc welder.
However, now I'm looking for a portable tourch set up.  I
find that quite often I need HEAT.  Like the other day to open up
the jaws of an internal spring compressor, not to mention cutting
up a car.  Having the tourch around can be very helpful.

John

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire

The one with the most toys, wins!