FS: Automatic MIG welding shade

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: FS: Automatic MIG welding shade
From: Mike Lee - Team Banana Racing <mikel@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 1997 08:23:30 -0700
Not sure if FS posts are okay (couldn't find list intro), but.....

I have an extra new automatic welding shade for sale.  I bought one for myself,
and then got the exact same thing again as a present (the moral is to not shop
for yourself from the same wish list you give your SO!).  I tried to take the
shade back to the shop for a refund, but they don't give cash refunds, and I
think
it would take a long time for me to use up a store credit.  So now I have two,
and can't justify keeping the second one around for a spare.

The specifics are:
        Huntsman AutoView AV VXL
        Large screen viewing area
        switching time 1/25,000 sec.
        infinitely variable dark-to-light delay, range .1 sec to 1 second
        infinitely variable dark shade (#9-#12)
        fixed #3 shade when not activated
        2 light detectors
        auto-off
        pushbutton on from front (don't need to lift mask to turn on).
        fits Huntsman, Jackson (mine), and some other masks

I believe they are around $225; I'm like to get $180 including shipping.
Please let me know if you need any other specifics.

Thanks,
Mike