Air Conditioner Conversion

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Air Conditioner Conversion
From: rotto@JUNO.COM (R o y)
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 15:36:47 CST
I am contemplating the conversion of my  truck from freon 12 to the new
refrigerant as used in new vehicles. A local parts store sells a
conversion kit for about $60.

Can this conversion be done without purchasing special tools and
equipment?

This kit contains new oil, O-ring seals and service valves.

Has anyone did such a conversion? Did it cool OK? Any problems?

The parts man said you have to flush the system but he didn't know how
that would be done. How would this be done? Special equipment?

I realize any remaining  freon would have to be removed for recycling.

Any information on this would be appreciated.

Roy
rotto@juno.com