Re: garage floors

To: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: garage floors
From: "Jack L. Poller" <poller@chromatic.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 1997 19:50:01 -0800
An FYI on concrete floors:  I just had mine repoured (long story).
I spent $6,500 to have the slabs *removed* and replaced with broom
finished steel reinforced concrete.  I paid an additional $800 to
have a portion of the garage excavated for a level pour, which included
removal of the existing material, and added 1/2" of base rock
(gravel, 2 truck loads).

The garage is approx. 780 square feet.

This work was performed by a contractor while doing additional
concrete work on my house.

I figure I'll spend another $100 - $200 to paint the floor.  I'll be
painting it myself, so that should save some money.

jlp

--
Jack L. Poller             (408) 752-9176
poller@chromatic.com