Re: engine analizer

To: mbarre@JUNO.COM (Matt Barre), shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: engine analizer
From: Michael Sloane <msloane@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 14:49:29 -0500
At 07:19 PM 2/25/97 +0000, Matt Barre wrote:
>A bud wants me to take an old analizer off his hands.  He only wants $25
>but doesn't know much about it.  He says it is a fairly large rolling
>rack with 5 instruments along the top.  I haven't seen it yet.  He needs
>to dig it out of his storage area.  He said he thought it was a KAL
>unit???  Does this ring any bells.  Anything special to check, although
>for $25 unless it is completely fried can't imagine it not being worth
>fiddling with.
>
>mrb

That would be my take: get it and worry if there is anything wrong with it
later - the cart alone is probably worth the money. I never heard of KAL,
but there are a lot of things I have never heard of, so that doesn't mean
much. The older it is the better - they really don't build them like they
used to - it is more likely that it is usable. The old ones are especially
good for working on ancient (i.e. pre-electronic ignition
pre-antipollution) machines, like my antique tractors.

Go for it (and if you don't want it, I'll take it!),

Mike