Garage Floor Painting Questions

To: daniels@tamu.edu, Andy Banta <banta@abingdon.eng.sun.com>,
Subject: Garage Floor Painting Questions
From: "Jack L. Poller" <poller@chromatic.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 07:37:44 -0800
I've perused my personal archives about painting a shop floor, and
have the following questions.

1) I'll be painting a brand new concrete pour.  How long do I have
to wait for the concrete to set before painting?  If the contractor
says the concrete has cured enough to drive on, can I paint it?

2) Since it will be brand new, do I still have to etch it with
muratic acid?  I'll ensure that nobody drives on it before painting.

3) I'll have about 2 slabs at 20' x 20' each.  How much paint will
I need?  How much will it cost?

4) How long will it take for the paint to dry?

5) Can I paint in cool/wet weather, or will I need to heat
the area.  I'll be doing this in the last week of January,
in the SF Bay Area, and it will probably be in the 60's (f)
ambient temp.

Thanks

JLP