BOUNCE shop-talk: Non-member submission from [Bobbie Martin <bmartin@sou

To: shop-talk
Subject: BOUNCE shop-talk: Non-member submission from [Bobbie Martin <bmartin@southeast.net>]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 09:49:19 -0700
     From: Bobbie Martin <bmartin@southeast.net>
     Date: Sun, 10 Nov 1996 22:19:53 +0500
     Subject: Penncraft tools

Many moons ago, I received a set of Penncraft sockets (from JC Penneys). They
were guaranteed for life just like Craftsman from Sears. Now, Penneys no longer
sell tools and they don't want to live up to their obligation. I was told that
the only way they would do anything was if I produced a receipt. I asked the
lady from the customer service department if she had kept any receipts from
items she purchased in 1972 and she said no but I should have known that
Penneys would get out of the hardware business and been prepared. What I would
expect Penneys to do is to make a deal with Sears and have them exchange their
tools. Anyone else had this problem? Suggestions?
--
John Greenwood c/o bmartin@jaxnet.com