BOUNCE shop-talk: Non-member submission from [walter@omni.sps.mot.com (T

To: shop-talk
Subject: BOUNCE shop-talk: Non-member submission from [walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 09:46:02 -0700

     Date: Tue, 12 Nov 96 12:29:47 CST
     From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
     Subject: Re: garage heaters

> > however be sure to put a CO monitor in any garage I heated without an
> > external exhaust vent.

FYI:  First Alert sells CO alarms (same folks make LOTS of smoke detectors).

Bummer part about CO is the way it is lighter than air, and manages to
seep up then back back. YOU might be fine in a  open garage, but
your family in the house may get a nasty dose of CO and not realize it.

Hey - anyone know a good SAFETY WEB site?  Seriously, since we all work around
engines, it would be a good safety reminder to know the first warning signs of
CO gas...

Tom Walter
Austin, TX.

P.S. Of fatigue in general:  On my milling machine, there are TWO switches.
Both have OFF as the middle position. BAD HABIT: I would leave the low-off-high
speed switch in SPEED position, and turn it on and off with the FORWARD-OFF-REV
switch.  Went to tighten the draw bar as I had my hand supporting a large fly
cutter... and hit the FORWARD switch. Thankfully I was NOT tired, and jumped
immediately saving my hand. Ya, NOW I keep BOTH switches in the off position.

PPS back to the screwdrivers.... ;-)