Re: Flanging tools

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net, ps4330@okc01.rb.jccbi.gov
Subject: Re: Flanging tools
From: "Richard Grayson" <rgrayson@atlanta.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 21:00:11 +0000
I purchased the same type of pneumatic air flanger mentioned below by
Ray. Bought it from Harbor Freight. Works well for the price. Can't
remember the exact price, but it was between $50-$75.

> On Thu, 7 Nov 1996, Peter Schauss x 2014 wrote:
>
> > What is the best kind (and source) of flanging tool to put a flange
> > on a patch section for a front fender.  I bought a patch section
> > for the bottom 10" of the front fender on my MGB and it looks like
> > the best way to weld it in would be to make a kind of offset (flange?)
> > along the top edge like this

> >             |  <-  Original fender
> >           | |
> >           | |
> >            \  <-  Run a bead with the MIG welder here
> >             |  <-  Patch section
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >

> I have a pneumatic flanger that operates off my air compressor.  One jaw
> sets a flange, another punches a 3/16 inch hole for plug welding.  It
> works very well.
>
>    Ray Gibbons  Dept. of Molecular Physiology & Biophysics
>                 Univ. of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT
>                 gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910

Richard Grayson, rgrayson@atlanta.com
INJECTOR CLINIC - Fuel Injector Service - (770) 446-6001
'85 Porsche 911, '85 Saab 9000T, '73 Datsun 240Z (slow restoration)
PCA member, IZCC#309