Re: Flanging tools

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Flanging tools
From: GGORMAN@dsava.com (Gorman, George)
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 1996 09:34 EST
Peter:

Eastwood carries a small flanging tool (tends to be expensive - but that's
Eastwood!).  And I believe Harbor Freight sells a larger one.

George Gorman
'61 TBird (still in boxes)
'81 Mustang (Running)
'83 Scirocco (next project)
What is the best kind (and source) of flanging tool to put a flange
on a patch section for a front fender.  I bought a patch section
for the bottom 10" of the front fender on my MGB and it looks like
the best way to weld it in would be to make a kind of offset (flange?)
along the top edge like this

            |  <-  Original fender
          | |
          | |
           \  <-  Run a bead with the MIG welder here

            |  <-  Patch section

Thanks in advance,

Peter Schauss
ps4330@okc01.rb.jccbi.gov