Re: Fiberglass Paint Removal

To: Bill Lattimer <m22@skypoint.com>, "'VetteNet'" <VETTES@ASUVM.INRE.ASU.EDU>,
Subject: Re: Fiberglass Paint Removal
From: jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 18:20:26 -0400
At 07:49 PM 7/9/96 -0500, Bill Lattimer wrote:

> This car has like 4 layers of paint on it, and when we started
> stripping this we could NOT get any type of decent paint removal,
> even with an aggressive abrasives like aluminium oxide.
>
>So: what am I doing wrong?  Is the cabinet just not the same as using a
pressure blaster?  BTW, the answer can't be "take it and get it stripped"
because we do want to do this ourselves.

Now Bill!  The difference between a syphon feed blast cabnet and
a pressure blaster.  That's like the difference between a raw and
hard boiled egg, for Pete's sake!

I don't know that I'd be trying to blast the paint off, unless you
are using something very soft.  I'd look at a chemical stripper or
since you want to do it yourself - ** SANDPAPER **

John

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire

The one with the most toys, wins!