Re: Buffing Machines

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net, Gil Fuqua <gfuqua@corpcomminc.com>
Subject: Re: Buffing Machines
From: "Dunst, Mordecai" <mdunst@smtplink.coh.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 96 09:57:24 pst

I don't know what all the hype is about these buffers are.  I have a baldor
one hp bench grinder metal grinding wheel on one side and wire wheel on the
other. It is pretty good.  I also have a "Northern Hydraulics" one hp motor
with a 1/2" spindle adapter that turns at +/- 3600rpm.  I bought it for $50 -
$70.  I just mount the base of this motor in the vise when I need it.  It has
two different eastwood buffers on the same spindle and works just fine on
silver, and brass.  It has never bogged down with a good voltage source.  I
would rec. a this set-up with out hessitation.

Mordy