Re: Buffing Machines

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Buffing Machines
From: walter@roadster.sps.mot.com (thomas walter x5955)
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 96 10:13:12 CDT
> From: Gil Fuqua <gfuqua@corpcomminc.com>

> The 3/4 hp machine sells for about $295 and the 1 1/2 hp machine is about
> $375.  For the difference, the 1 1/2 hp machine seems the better buy.  Any
> recommendations on whether the 3/4 hp machine is adequate, or whether the 1
> 1/2 hp machine is worth the difference?

What do you think "Tim - the tool man - Taylor" would reply?
 Go for the BIG ONE! ;-)

Do you remember the speed of the machine's?  It has been a while
since I went through the "sfpm" speeds, but a SLOW (1750 vs. 3450)
large motor was more ideal for my needs. Usually the proffesional
machines run faster, but hey I don't use it all the time and would
rather spend a few extra minutes buffing something than have it
cut too quickly.

Eastwood has great stuff... at a high price. If I don't know WHAT
brand to get, I'll buy their products as I like good quality.
For the Baldor buffers I'd probably buy them from Enco as it is
a 'name brand' [Enco also sells some very cheap buffers... which
I'd avoid, but has good prices on quality stuff - if you know what
your are getting].

Cheers,

Tom Walter   Datsun roadster
Austin, TX.