Grand Tool: Bead blaster

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Grand Tool: Bead blaster
From: walter@roadster.sps.mot.com (thomas walter x5955)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 96 10:08:14 CDT
In the SP962 (Sales flyer) for GRAND TOOLS
[FAX: 800 866 5730  phone 201 342 6900]
was a  pretty neat bead blast cabinet.

Small bench top model, with an interior size of
14"H x 22" W x 18" deep. Just right to sit on
a bench, and not take up too much room. Cyclone
brand, also comes with the 5cfm conversion kit..
lighted, and vac included... all for $125.00

Too good of a deal. Yep, FAX'd in my order and
got a polite call back from the folks letting
me know it was a MISPRINTED price. The real
price is $215.00. YIKES. Still not a bad deal,
and I do have that stack of aluminum manifolds
to be cleaned up before next months swap meet,
and my wife said she'd buy it as a Father's
Day Present... so I said, "that's fine, ship it". ;-)

Also in the catalog are some LEFT HAND drill bits.
Short HSS metric sized drills that range from 0.50
to 0.80 each. Very handy when drilling out  broken
off stud... 50% of the time the vibration and heat
from drilling will just BACK OUT the broken piece.
[My usual trick is to use a dremel tool to dimple
a starting place for the drill]

Good prices, and assortment, on quality (German)
drill chucks.

Cheers,

Tom Walter  Datsun 2000 fan.
Austin, TX.

P.S. Someone was describing to me a technique to renew
BALL JOINTS, by injecting cleaner, release agent, then some
hi-tech polymer is injected into the ball joint. Claim was
"better than new, permanently lubricated". But the person
had only "heard" of this company, and didn't pay attention
the name. Anyone have any leads?