Re: MIG welders

To: Jeff Damon <jddamon@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: MIG welders
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 09:41:33 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 27 May 1996, Jeff Damon wrote:

> I purchased a Lincoln SP100 just after they came out (1986 I believe).
> Since then it has been used and abused as much as possible. I own a
> British Car restoration shop and as I'm sure most of you know this
> would demand a lot of rust repair and fabrication of all sorts of
> things. To date this welder has been a trooper welding anything we have
> thrown at it with out a single problem of any type. The only part I
> have ever purchased for this unit is the different tips for different
> size wire. It has always been used as a MIG unit using copper or
> stainless wire. It has welded up to 5/16 plate on a single pass

Could you please explain to me the use of copper or stainless wire?  Are
you welding only copper and stainless steel?  On british cars?  I have an
SP100, and as far as I know, the wire I have always used is steel.  I
agree with you about the quality of the unit.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910