MIG welders

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: MIG welders
From: jddamon@ix.netcom.com (Jeff Damon )
Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 10:59:05 -0700
I purchased a Lincoln SP100 just after they came out (1986 I believe).
Since then it has been used and abused as much as possible. I own a
British Car restoration shop and as I'm sure most of you know this
would demand a lot of rust repair and fabrication of all sorts of
things. To date this welder has been a trooper welding anything we have
thrown at it with out a single problem of any type. The only part I
have ever purchased for this unit is the different tips for different
size wire. It has always been used as a MIG unit using copper or
stainless wire. It has welded up to 5/16 plate on a single pass
perfectly. The only problems I have had using the unit were 1) not
enough available amperage, and 2) once the supply house sold me
straight Argon instead of Argomix. I would most definitely buy this
unit again and I swear I don't work for Lincoln! Just my .02. JD