Parts washer

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Parts washer
From: Steve Obert <sobert@snet.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 1996 19:38:41 -0500
I would like to build a parts washer.  I have a small one with a
submerged pump.  Has anybody used a plastic laundry sink as th
top of a parts washer?  These are big enough to put most parts
into and can be had for less than $20.  I figured I would put
the sink on top of a barrel with the drain going into the
barrel.  The pump would be installed either in the barrel or on
the side.  Brian Kelly in an earlier message mentioned floating
the solvent on top of water, this sounds good to me.  I guess my
only concern is will the solvents disolve the sink.  Another
nice side to this setup would be to put a drain plug into the
sink drain the use it to soak parts.