Re: Tappet adjustment tool

To: Roger Garnett <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: Tappet adjustment tool
From: Phil Ethier <ethier@freenet.msp.mn.us>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 1996 14:12:43 -0600 (CST)
On Fri, 2 Feb 1996, Roger Garnett wrote:

> No, I'm not. Yes, I know that *dial guages* are readily available, but not
> this package. And, yes a regular guage and stand would work, altho it's more
> awkward.

Oh.  That's all I have ever used.  When I had access to one.  No it's
feeler guages, but I always liked the dial indicator better.

> I should have been a bit more explicit- It's the custom stand and adapters
> that make this setup nice. It's basicly an open sided cylinder, that mounts
> right on top of the valve, with a spring loaded clamp. No need to find a
> nearby flat area. The adapters are differnet thickness baseplates, to match
> your valve diameter, and rocker height.
>
> I think it's called a P & G Valve Gapper or some such.

Sounds cool.  I've never seen one.  I actually reinvented the process.
Surely others have done it, but I thought it up myself.

Phil "you learn something new every day" Ethier