Re: Tappet adjustment tool

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tappet adjustment tool
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 1996 11:59:11 -500

Phil Ethier writes:
> You're joking.

No, I'm not. Yes, I know that *dial guages* are readily available, but not
this package. And, yes a regular guage and stand would work, altho it's more
awkward.

I should have been a bit more explicit- It's the custom stand and adapters
that make this setup nice. It's basicly an open sided cylinder, that mounts
right on top of the valve, with a spring loaded clamp. No need to find a
nearby flat area. The adapters are differnet thickness baseplates, to match to
your valve diameter, and rocker height.

I think it's called a P & G Valve Gapper or some such.

Roger