Oilless air compressors

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Oilless air compressors
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 1996 16:15:26 -0500 (EST)
Lately, many of the compressors I've seen seem far smaller than the ones
I grew up with, and I've seen these called "oilless design" or something
like that.  Usually, the compressor is covered by a plastic guard, so I
can't even see what the outside looks like.  It seems strange to see a
big tank with a little tiny compressor perched on top.

How are these different, better, or worse than the old style
compressors?  They appear to be cheaper and smaller, which makes me
wonder if they can possibly be as good.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910