re:benches

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: re:benches
From: "john (j.r.) soucie" <soucie@bnr.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 16:42:00 -0500
 I'm looking for suggestions for bench top/surface materials. Basically
I'm renting the shop but I have installed a heavy duty wooden bench
which is bolted to the studs. I may end up leaving the bench there so
I don't want to spend a lot of money on a steel plate. Is there anything
that I can improvise with that would give me a smooth, cleanable
surface...something good for engine building(ie; no dust/particles).
I've seen linoleam used but it had a pattern/crevices in it.

Any ideas.

John Soucie