Re: floor paint

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: floor paint
From: Andy Dingley <dingbat@codesmth.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 01:13:08 GMT
On Tue, 9 Jan 96 13:25:21 PST, you wrote:

>epoxy, roughly $80 in materials to paint my 16x20 garage.

For a garage, chlorinated rubber floor paint is pretty good and far
cheaper than epoxy. It's what is used to paint yellow "no parking"
lines. It resists tyres and oil well.

For workshop space, epoxy is better (if you can afford it). It's more
chip resistant if you drop things on it or wheel steel castor tool
trollies across it.

If you have an uneven floor, self-levelling _epoxy_ floor screeds are
very  good (at a price). They're available pre-coloured, so you get a
flat floor and an epoxy painted surface in one application.

BTW - Does anyone know if there is a digest for this list ? Majordomo
didn't like an attempt to subscribe to shop-talk-digest.

--
Andy Dingley                                dingbat@codesmth.demon.co.uk

The Internet has given us all mountains of information at our fingertips.
...and all most people want to do is pick their noses with them.