[oletrucks] gas gauge questions[Wayne knows]

To: oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [oletrucks] gas gauge questions[Wayne knows]
From: ME1STKING@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:30:05 EST
My gas gauge, a stock '54 3100 is a 6 volt unit, right?  The reason I'm
asking is that Bowtie advertises a "rebuilt stock 12 volt" for the same year.
[55
dollars] And maybe mine doesn't work because I installed a 12 to 6 volt
reducer. Do I need the reducer anyway even if it is a 6 volt? It certainly
seems
reasonable.  My understanding has always been that '54s were all originally 6
volt
systems. Or is Bowties' an original that has been converted?
Thank you, bk