Re: [oletrucks] Can I convert the foot starter motor to a key

To: oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Can I convert the foot starter motor to a key
From: NSurles@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 19:04:39 EST
I'm rebuilding a 48 3100 and would like to remove the foot starter.  Is there
a conversion for the starter motor, or do I need to buy a whole new starter?

Engine is a 235 inline with a T5 tranny.
Hi Mike,

I have a 55 2nd with a 235 original engine.  Several years ago I need to
rebuild the starter.  There is an old-guy rebuilder in town that suggested I
use a
starter with a solenoid.  I replied sure!  So he walked next door to the NAPA
store and told them what I wanted.  It seems to be a COE (cab over engine)
starter - they ordered it and was here the next day.

So if that's close to what you're trying to do, I think you'll have to buy a
new starter.

Sonny
55 2nd