RE: [oletrucks] Rally wheel caps

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Rally wheel caps
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <bill.hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:16:05 -0600
Mike:
        I have 15x8 rally wheels on my 57 GMC.  I used the standard
4x4 center caps that I mounted a 3 wing "knock off" on using a single
5/16" bolt through the pre-existing hole on the back side of the 4x4
cap.  Just had to drill through the outer material which is light
weight aluminum.  Then I had the wheels sprayed to match the paint on
the truck and used "trim rings" around the outside.

http://chevytrucks.org/oletrucks/bill57.jpg is a pointer to a
picture of the whole truck.  If you need more detail of a wheel let me
know and I'll get a close up.

By the way, the whole thing cost me less than $20 a wheel.