[oletrucks] Rally wheel caps

To: 60schevy@topica.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Rally wheel caps
From: Mask1966@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:21:58 EST
I just put a set of 8 inch, 6 lug steel rally wheels on my '65 C-10.  I will
soon be doing the power steering conversion too!!  I don't like the way the
4X4 center caps looked (too big) and am searching for alternatives.  Any ideas
from your projects?  While hanging around the garage, I eyed the stock
"Chevrolet script" hubcaps on my '48 3100 and did a test fit on the rallys.
The lip
on the back of the cap did fit down inside the lug area of the rally wheel and
was about the same diameter as the raised area.  What if I added some spring
clips offered by vendors and devised a way to keep the hubcap centered inside
the rally?  I really liked the look of these moon shaped caps with the
"Chevrolet" logo.  Maybe the '54/'55 bowtie caps would be better?  Has anyone
tried
this mod or anything like it?
Mike Klepp
'48 3100 5 window