Re: [oletrucks] Returning list member

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Returning list member
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 17:25:56 -0700
Brad--

Welcome back!

For welding, I highly recommend using the shielding
gas, and solid wire...it's worth it.

For cutting, I've done an awfull lot of cutting with
just the two aviation snips I bought at Ace Hardware
years ago...right and left handed, red and green
handles.  Also, a 3" air powered cutoff wheel is
really handy, if you have a compressor (which you
need, get a good one, at least 5 hp with the modern
inflated ratings).

I put an early 70s Camaro clip in my 57 Suburban,
but it's not on the road yet.  I don't know if I'd
want to put a big Cad motor on top of a Pinto
suspension...

I've been driving one of my 59s with a big block for
22 years (120k miles roughly) with drum brakes.
Never ran into anything with it.

Jim F
59s in AZ