Re: [oletrucks] 46 Seat Recovering

To: "OLETRUCK list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 46 Seat Recovering
From: "Boteler Family" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 00:15:54 -0500
Jim, I found it to be cheaper to have my local upholstery shop do the job
from start to finish.  I had prices in the $180 range plus shipping from all
of the parts suppliers for just the covers, nothing extra.  My local shop
did the entire job from scratch for $220 using all new materials (burlap,
foam, etc.).  I stripped everything off and saved for a pattern, which he
didn't use.  I sand blasted, repaired or replaced broken springs and painted
it before they covered it.  It looks better then factory :)   Hampton Coach
is a good company, I installed their kit in my '35 coupe 20 years ago and it
still looks good!

Regards,

Mike Boteler
'56 8400 Wrecker