[oletrucks] ?'s for 350/350 combo install in a 50 3100

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] ?'s for 350/350 combo install in a 50 3100
From: RobXR250@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 22:45:31 EST
I have a 350/350 combo im going to install in my 50 3100 soon and i have a
few questions about it:

1) Do i remove both of the original cross members and bolt in the new ones?
Both are the tubular type from Chevy Duty.

2) How far forward or back along the frame should i install the motor? I have
the original front end with pdb and ps. Whats the easiest way to get it in
there right?

3) Is it the carb mounting surface on the manifold that is supposed to be
level?

4) I've seen throttle linkage through Chevy Duty for $60 for doing this kind
of swap. Isn't there something else that would work to hook the carb to the
gas pedal?

5) I want to put 15" tires on the front but what size and backspacing have
you guys gone with that have done a similiar swap?

Thanks much for all your help,

Rob