Re: [oletrucks] 46 Seat Recovering

To: "Jim House" <jhouse@ccsolution.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 46 Seat Recovering
From: dcvjrv@flashcom.net
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 22:24:28 -0500
Jim,

I have not done a truck, but I have done my 1932 Chevrolet Roadster with a
kit from Hampton Coach and it was not bad.  Just take your time and read
the instructions.  I stripped my frames all the way down to bare metal and
sandblasted and painted before starting.

Good Luck,
Jim V.

At 09:43 PM 2/20/01 Tuesday, Jim House wrote:
>I am looking at recovering my seats.  Has anyone used the stuff from Hampton
>Coach?  I would like to go with them since they are about 20 miles from
>where I live.  I can get a full (upper and lower) seat cover, padding, and
>fasteners for $148.00 - is this a good price?  Is it hard to do - is there a
>web site with more install tips and information?  They also charge $48.00
>per hour to do the install however there installer was not in today and
>could not give me a quote on how many hours it would take.
>
>Is it best to strip all of the old stuff out and sandblast and repaint the
>springs or just giving it a top coat will work since it is under everything
>else.
>
>Thanks,
>Jim House
>Hollis, NH

Jim V.
1958 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup (Cameo style) - V8 Hydramatic
http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/mi2/jrvvehicles
dcvjrv@flashcom.net