RE: [oletrucks] Tires

To: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Tires
From: "Gwyn Reedy" <mgr@mgrcorp.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 18:38:10 -0500
Smokey,

Back in the 70's I had a Corvair van (with turbo (Spyder) engine) and put 15
x 8 rims from a Corvette and G60x15 tires. Was living in Omaha then. Most of
the roads had ruts from studded snow tires and the ruts would hold about 1/2
inch water when it rained. Steering that van was impossible in those
conditions - hardly any weight on the front end and wide tires. You had to
drive on the crowns because if you let it get in the ruts there was no
steering and no stopping.

Gwyn Reedy
Brandon, FL