RE: [oletrucks] Hitch on a AD truck

To: "Doug Hughes" <avdoug@teal.csn.org>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Hitch on a AD truck
From: "Ted Timmons" <tedt@colubs.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 08:57:57 -0700
My '53 had an actual receiver welded onto the frame. The hitch would have
come out between the bumper and the tailgate. I torched it off and removed
it. But maybe a good hitch/welding shop could do that for you. Doesn't the
'54 have the "drop" bumper, with a notch for the license plate? If so, you
could use a flip-up plate (think large 70's cars that had the gas cap behind
the plate) and completely hide the hitch. Contact me off the list if you
want more info on that; one of my trucks is set up like that.

--
Ted Timmons           Web Administrator
tedt@colubs.com                    JAPH