RE: [oletrucks] Suppliers as members

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Suppliers as members
From: "Nelson, Jeff - DTC" <jnelson@paducah.k12.ky.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 08:09:43 -0600
As we are all aware, the popularity of our Chevy trucks has exploded in
the last few years. If you look at the number of suppliers in Hemmings
you will probably conclude, as I have, that it is currently a sellers
market for new and resto parts. In that type of market, it is very easy
for suppliers to ignore the problems of some customers since so many new
customers are coming in their (metaphorical) front door every day.

I have ordered catalogs from most of the suppliers that I have been able
to identify. I then call and ask some question about some obscure part
or technical point. Based on the response I get (courtesy, technical
knowledge, willingness to say "I don't know but I can find out" rather
than making up some bull**** answer, etc.) I will then place a small
order with the companies that make my first cut. It's not a perfect
system, but it has resulted in a list of vendors who I deal with almost
exclusively.

Jeff Nelson
Paducah, KY
1953 3600