[oletrucks] Suppliers as members

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Suppliers as members
From: miq@teleport.com
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 15:48:57 -0800 (PST)
Fodder

This bounced because we are back on majordomo with has a number of
forbidden words that bounce.  Be sure to skip a letter in things like:

h*elp, su*scribe, un*ubscribe, wh*, and others that might be commands.

> Paul, the issue of suppliers being on the list makes perfect sense, but to
> my knowledge none are....and none even check into it.  I believe I remember
> Bob Adler recommending that Jim Carter su*scribe to the list (Bob, excuse me
> if I'm wrong).  If I remember right, he showed no interest.  Several months
> ago, I volunteered to write Golden State about the problems list members
> were having with their company.  I sent a very long email explaining the
> problems members were having.  I got back a very nice email explaining that
> they would do their best for their customers....and to please be patient
> with their problems.  Nice email, but judging from subsequent comments from
> list members, the GS service is still just as bad.  And I have received no
> follow up from anyone at GS.
>
> I believe Jim Forbes (previous Oletrucker) contacted one or two vendors to
> try and get them interested in the list.  I don't believe he had any
> success.  It's a great idea....and makes perfect sense...but vendors don't
> seem to be too interested.  Maybe some of the members who have been on the
> list since the beginning can shed some light on this.  Miq, Rob, Ron ...any
> ideas?  Has anyone ever approached a vendor and said..."We have 500 members.
> If you'll give us a 10% (or 20% or whatever) discount, we can give you lots

Rob had arrainged a deal in the past back when we were in the 250-300 range
of membership.

To date, the only "supplier" we have on the list is Sky Way tools.

--
__
Miq Millman   miq@teleport.com