Re: [oletrucks] Saginaw

To: "Mike E. Gardner" <mgardner@rmci.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Saginaw
From: "jack halton" <safesix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 14:16:15 -0500
What you are looking for is generally found in Chevy Vegas and their clones,
I don't recall what they were all named but I think the Pontiac Astre was
one of em.  The Saginaw 4-spd came in other GM cars too, Chevelles and
possibly some low-end Camaros. The years are mid-60's to late 70s. Since
most Vegas went to the crusher long ago, you would probably be better off
just calling around to auto recyclers and tell em what you are looking for.
Saginaws are fairly common at swap meets too.

Note that the particular version  Patrick is talking about is the 3.11 first
gear version. It is ID'ed by the 2 bands or grooves machined around the
splines of the input shaft. Others have 0, 1 and 3 grooves and are less
desirable because of the ratio staging. All will bolt up to the 235
bellhousing.

Jack / Winter Park FL