Re: [oletrucks] did you know?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] did you know?
From: Wayne Osborne <wcosborne@inetnow.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 14:14:44 -0500
On yesterdays Paul Harvey, as he always endorses chevies heavily,
He told a good story about a 46 chevy pickup. Stated that for
a promotional event, a 46 chevy pickup was driven totally across the
United States to boast about its reliablity, and to brag of its pulling
ability, The same truck was driven up Pikes Peak with a 5-ton load.
With only a broken fan belt being the only item had to be replaced
during the entire adventure...  No problem with the cross country trip,
but is 5 ton a doable load to pull?                  Wayne

At 08:33 AM 2/6/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Tom
> I rememeber that Ak Miller used to run the mexican road race
>with a Allard sports car with a Cadillac engine. If he used a AD with
>GMC power i don't rememeber that. But when you get my age
>there are a lot of things you don't rememember
>Bob Casebeer
>56 GMC
>ps i saw the cadallard in the oakland roadster show a few yrs ago in was
>pretty
>primitive but was a hot rod all the way
>
>TOM WARNER wrote:
>
>> FYI.     I heard an adv. today for upcoming vintage sports car races,
>> and it reminded me of the fact, that, back in the early 50's when the
>> only sports cars in the USA were MG-TC's and TD's, a few Morgans, maybe
>> a Jag or 2,  Ak Miller (correct me if I'm wrong) used to win more than
>> his share of road races with an AD.
>> I think it had a 292 jimmy in it.
>> Tom Warner
>> 58 short fleetside
>>
>> oletrucks is devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built between 1941 and 1959

---------
                 http://www.chevytrucks.org/users/wayne
For a quick view of oletrucks mailing list members trucks go to:
         http://www.chevytrucks.org/users/wayne/member.html