[oletrucks] Straight-8 AD?

To: "Ole' Trucks List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Straight-8 AD?
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 20:35:53 -0800
Looking through the Interchange manual I saw something that may be a
misprint, but I have heard something similar before, but always thought is
was a tall tale.   Does anyone know anything about a Pontiac straight-8
being a "dealer installed option" in the AD trucks?  I had an old
GMC/Pontiac/Olds shop mechanic (a dealership in central California) tell me
that he remembers (his memory may be in question, he is about 90 and his
son says he's slipping) installing them in several customers trucks.  Does
anybody know about this?  Is this physically possible?  It would make a
really cool classic custom if it would fit.

Kevin Lake
56 napco/burb GMC