Re: [oletrucks] Straight-8 AD?

To: <jvanho01@tir.com>, "Ole' Trucks List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Straight-8 AD?
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 12:35:09 -0800
I don't know, this question was based on a possible misprint (in the engine
ID area of a light truck interchange manual) and the memories of an old
mechanic.  I have a hard time believing either story (due to the length of
the Pontiac Straight-8), but I thought I would ask since I do know that GMC
built a V-12 in the late 50's early 60's (looks like two GMC V-6's welded
end to end, 700+ci) for it's BIG trucks.  I didn't intend to start a rumor.
 Thanks.

Kevin Lake 56 napco/burb GMC

----------
<oletrucks@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Straight-8 AD?
> Date: Thursday, February 04, 1999 9:48 AM
>
> What year AD truck are we referring to?
>
> Jim V.
>
> At 08:35 PM 2/3/99 Wednesday -0800, Kevin Lake wrote:
> >
> >Looking through the Interchange manual I saw something that may be a
> >misprint, but I have heard something similar before, but always thought
is
> >was a tall tale.   Does anyone know anything about a Pontiac straight-8
> >being a "dealer installed option" in the AD trucks?  I had an old
> >GMC/Pontiac/Olds shop mechanic (a dealership in central California) tell
me
> >that he remembers (his memory may be in question, he is about 90 and his
> >son says he's slipping) installing them in several customers trucks.
Does