[oletrucks] '57 Power Pack heads...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] '57 Power Pack heads...
From: GremlinGT@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 23:35:23 EST
>>>I have a set of heads from a 57 chevy 283...known as
"Power Pack" heads .... also called "fuelie" heads... I have lost track as to
why
these were so valuable at the time...

---     Basically, they were the best that Chevy had to offer at the time.

>>> now I want to know what they would be worth ....see if anyone knew
anything about them

---     Anyone restoring a '57 Chevy would LOVE to have those heads. I believe
the
Fuelie and Power Pac heads were slightly different, though. The fuelie's had
even more mods to the heads. I don't remember exactly, but I think there was
the standard 4-bbl "Power Pack" heads, and then the Fuelie/Dual 4-bbl heads,
diffferent part #'s. I'd have to go look it up to be sure. As far as worth,
for core's they're probably worth $100 each to a restorer, or even more these
days. I have a few '57 chevies, as well as a '55 Chevy Suburban, so I have
some experience  with these things. Good luck, and don't throw them out!

Jerry CAsper
Fairfax, VA