[NOBBC] TEAM LEMONS UPDATE

To: "North Bay British Car Club" <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: [NOBBC] TEAM LEMONS UPDATE
From: "Clif & Deborah Williamson" <hawkview@sonic.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 13:18:41 -0800
Hi NOBBC
Just an update on the Lemons Race Team.
We now have 5 members in the LEMONS race team.  Myself, John Kenner, Mike
Gianandrea, Walter Kilchherr, and David Wilson.
We will not be communicating through Yahoo, or NOBBC, so will be giving you
all updates once in a while when something is worth mentioning.
At present we have obtained a donation of a Spitfire with a Buick V6 and 5
speed transmission in the car.  Free, so we have $500.00 to spend getting it
ready for racing.  The Spit is in pretty bad shape, though we did get the
motor to run with fuel poured into carb.  There is no floor pan on the
drivers side, but that's the only bad body work problem and Mike says it's
easy, so there you go.  Our biggest challenge at this point is the roll
cage.  24 Hours of Lemons is really tough on safety and the cage is an
issue.  We are continuing to consider other options, so if you have
something laying around that might be a better candidate, please let us
know.
We do have room for one more person on the team.  It looks like the total
cost to each person is going to run about $1000.00 +or- depending on our
fire suits helmets, and shoes.  If any of you have any racing stuff that
meets standard and you want to move it...cheap...let us know.
Our theme at this point is James Bond.  Maybe wear tuxedos or paint on the
fire suit.  Trying to figure a way to add a few features to make us more
competitive, like an oil spray, smoke (probably already there), spikes,
machine gun, whatever.
Having fun so far and it should get better when we get on the track.
Clif, John, Mike, Walter and David
NOBBC@autox.team.net