Re: [Nobbc] Bounced list mail

To: North Bay British Car Club <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] Bounced list mail
From: Rod Williams <mowog@sonic.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 16:46:49 -0700
On Jun 24, 2009, at 4:40 PM, Rod Williams wrote:

> Hmmm.... now where did my privacy go?
I realized after I sent that that I sounded like a real wanker. Just
wanted to point out that one of the ways Google "monetizes" this free
service is that they harvest the content of your email and sell it to
advertisers. That's why you get ads that advertise the stuff you email
about. They also store that information "indefinitely" and there's no
robust privacy policy regarding that. If you're uncomfortable about a
big, high profile outfit like Google having every email you send (or
receive, by the way) in their archives to sell to anyone forever, you
might want to look elsewhere. More info here:
http://epic.org/privacy/gmail/faq.html

Cheers,
--
Rod (not really afraid of Black Helicopters) Williams
Petaluma, California